Social Icons

Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Fish Escabeche


I cooked the crappy fish yesterday and I made fish escabeche. My hubby love it. He doesn't like my fish paksiw so I cook it the other way. I still have a lot of crappy fish left and I will cook it again some other time. It took me a while to clean the fish. Imagine I cleaned 5 crappy fish yesterday. There are still 5 left uncleaned in the freezer. So here's the instructions to make Escabeche.

Clean the fish and sprinkle sea salt and a little pepper inside and out, coat with flour, then deep fry the fish until golden brown then set aside.

Sauce:
1 cup water
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 pc tomato
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup water to thicken the sauce.

Other Ingredients:
1 medium onion sliced
1/2 pc. red sweet bell pepper, sliced
1/2 pc yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 pc green bell pepper
About a tablespoon of finely shredded fresh garlic

1. Bring the water to a simmer. Add the pineapple juice, vinegar salt, pepper. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes to cook the vinegar. Add the cornstarch and stir until the sauce thickens.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for another minute.

3. Lastly, add the fish and cook for another minute.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates