Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Holy Cow Beef

For more than 2 years now, my hubby and I have buying meat from free range and grass fed cows. The owner operates an Angus cow/calf operation that produces "home-grown, pasture-raised/finished" beef. They had raised their animals by employing rotational pasture grazing on native Texas grasses, winter annuals and select introduced grasses. Their cows were never given growth hormones, antibiotics or pesticides. Their animals are finished" in the most natural and low stressed conditions. The Holy Cow meat taste a lot better than those meat sold in the supermarket which are not grass fed. It's not as fatty and also you can really tell the difference when you eat them. It's so delicious.

I order the meat once a month from a lady who placed the order that she got from other people and the meat is delivered into her house. My hubby went to pick up my order yesterday. I ordered 10 lbs of ground beef. I love cooking meatloaf, goulash, beef enchilada and also I mix the ground beef with my veggies whenever I cook them.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates