Social Icons

Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Dinengdeng - Ilocano Recipe


I cooked the vegetables from my garden yesterday. I've been craving for Ilocano recipes that we used to have in our house in the Philippines. What else is better than dinengdeng. I cooked the string beans, okra, saluyot and mixed it with fried crappy fish and fish sauce. Hmmm...yummy!!! It was like I was in the Philippines while I was eating this with rice yesterday. It really filled me up. I gave some to my hubby too but he only ate the vegetables. He doesn't like the fish because he said it was boiled and it doesn't taste good to him. Too bad but more for me.

INGREDIENTS:
string beans
okra
saluyot
fish sauce
water
Knorr tamarind soup base
fish
1 onion, sliced

DIRECTIONS:
Fry the fish. Put two cups of water and the fried fish in a pot and boil. Add the onions and fish sauce according to your desired taste and let it simmer. Add all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Then add the Knorr tamarind soup according to your desired taste. Cook for a few minutes more then turn off the heat. Serve with rice.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates