I just love cassava cake. It's been a few years since the last time I made this. I hope I can make it again one of these days. I'm drooling for this.
* 2 lbs grated cassava
* 14 oz can coconut milk
* 13 oz can coconut cream
* 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
* 12 oz. can evaporated milk
* 1 cup grated coconut
* ¾ cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* 3 egg whites
* Sweetened condensed milk
* 3 egg yolks
* vanilla and lemon flavoring to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. In large bowl, combine the cake ingredients, reserving 1/3 of the condensed milk for topping. Mix well.
3. Pour equally into two large greased rectangular pans.
4. Bake until firm, about 30 minutes.
5. Mix topping ingredients - the reserved sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and flavourings - and spread evenly on the two cakes.
6. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Cool cakes completely and cut each cake into squares.