As I blogged previously, my hubby made potato salad yesterday. It's a switch form the usual mashed potatoes that we usually cooked. My hubby loves potatoes same way as I love rice. So here's a recipe of a potato salad the old fashioned way - with eggs, celery and relish.
* 5 potatoes
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
* 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chop.
2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.