Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Wild Rice Salad
Easy to make and tastes wonderful. You can use either turkey or chicken. You can serve it plain, on salad greens, or in a pita. Very versatile.
* 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
* 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon white vinegar
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 cups cooked, cubed turkey meat
* 1/4 cup diced green onion
* 1 cup seedless red grapes
* 6 ounces blanched slivered almonds
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in rice, turkey, onion and grapes until evenly coated with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Before serving, sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the salad.