Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tortang Talong

When I was in high school, my mom always cook tortang talong for my "baon" to school. I like the way she cooked it because it really tasted so good. I've eaten in restaurants and their tortang talong got no taste to me. My mom's tortang talong is the best. I learned to cook it from her and I've been cooking it for me and my hubby. He really love it.

Tortang Talong…the way I cook it.

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 Filipino eggplants (or other Asian eggplants…or any eggplant that is long and thin)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* cooking oil
* soy sauce with vinegar
* 2 cloves garlic, diced
* salt

DIRECTIONS:

- Roast and peel the eggplants. This is most commonly done over the flame on the hob until black and kind of charred, after which it is fairly easy to remove the skin. Leave the stems on.
- After peeling, lay the eggplant in a colander and flatten gently with a fork, being careful not to break it.
- Beat your egg in a flattish bowl and add a dash of salt. Mix soy sauce with vinegar and add the diced garlic. Dip the eggplant with the soy sauce mixture and then lay your eggplants to the beaten eggs, turning to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Once hot, gently place the eggplants in the pan. Pour the remaining egg mixture to the eggplant and leave to sizzle until golden brown. Flip to brown other side. (since you have left the stems on you can do this whole operation without a spatula or flipper…just use the stem to move the eggplant around).
- Drain on paper towels when done. Serves two.

1 comment:

eva said...

paborito ko ito lalo na ung ginisa sa bagoong na talong. hehe.

pwede humingi ng favor?

is it ok if you update my old url http://www.evamee.blogspot.com "all about life" to http://www.allaboutevamee.com

i just got domain for my blog.

thanks for the help.

and is it ok if you add my other two blogs:

http://www.yellownpink.com
http://www.starbuckscitymug.info

let me know if you so that i can add your blogs too. thanks again.

 
Blogger Templates