Credits

The Designers Chic

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sweet Potato Bake



In the Philippines, we cook sweet potatoes by boiling, grilling or making camote cue. It's only when I got here in the US that I got to taste the sweet potato bake. Oh my, it was so good! I really love it so I searched for the recipe and I tried to cook it. I first tried to cook sweet potato bake last year after I harvested my sweet potatoes. I had lots of it from my garden so I cooked sweet potato bake. It turned out good. My hubby and I enjoyed it.


INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk and butter)
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* TOPPING:
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons cold butter

DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: