Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Bottle Gourd




I harvested my last bottle gourd a few days ago from my garden. I cooked it for our lunch and me and my hubby love it. My bottle gourd had made only 3 bottle gourds this time so I cooked it with ground beef.

Ingredients:

* 2 tbsps cooking oil
* a cup (200 grams) ground beef
* 4 cloves garlic, finely crushed
* 2 medium onions, minced
* 1 large (1.8 kg) bottle gourd, cut into 1"x 1/8" cubes
* 3 tbsps fish sauce
* 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
* knorr beef cubes

Procedure:

In a large wok, over medium-high fire. Put the oil and ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is lightly brown. Remove from pan the ground beef. Retain the oil. Put the garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onions. Saute until soft. Put the bottle gourd. Stir-fry for a minute. Add in the fish sauce. Sprinkle the pepper. Mix. Cook until aromatic. Put the beef cube and fried ground beef. Mix well. Cover. Cook until veggie is soft.

Note: No need to put water because the bottle gourd is watery as it is being cooked.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates