Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Adobong Okra


I cooked okra adobo a few days ago and surprisingly, my hubby love it. He liked fried okra but I'm not really very fond of it so I cooked it Pinoy style. I added ground beef and it really tasted good. We still have lots of okra so I cooked again yesterday. I really, really love it.

Ingredients

20 pieces of young okra
1 cup ground beef
2 tbsp cooking oil
5 cloves garlic
1 medium sized onion, sliced
1 cup water
3 tbsp. lemon or lime juice or vinegar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
Patis (fish sauce)
dash of ground black pepper

Directions:

Heat oil in a pot and saute garlic until brown; onions until transparent; and then add the ground beef and brown it. Add water, patis (fish sauce), okra, lemon or lime juice or vinegar and soy sauce. Simmer until okra is tender. Add ground black pepper. Serve with rice. Yummy!

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates