Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chicken Satay

When I was still in the Philippines, there was this restaurant that we always go to because they have a good chicken satay. No other restaurants in that city can cook as good as them. I really don't know how to cook it but I need to learn how especially now that there are no Filipino restaurants in our place. I'm getting tired eating the same food and cooking the same recipe over and over again. I searched for a good recipe of chicken satay and read the reviews so this is what I got. Gotta try this because hubby and I love chicken.

These delicious Thai-style chicken satay are made of chicken marinated in a peanutty sauce, and then grilled.

INGREDIENTS

* 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons curry powder
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
2. Preheat a grill to high heat.
3. Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates