Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ginataang Kalabasa At Sitaw


I already harvested a lot of my squash from my garden, also string beans and okra. I even gave some to my Filipino friends. So yesterday, I decided to cook ginataang kalabasa at sitaw and I added okra too. All my veggies were freshly picked from my garden. My hubby love it. I even gave some to my neighbor here. Here's the recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 squash, peeled and cubed
a bunch of sitaw (10-15 pcs)
8 pcs okra
1 medium size onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 cup of ground beef or
1/4 kilo of shrimp (whatever kind of your choice from the small one to the big ones)
1 cup of coconut milk
oil for cooking
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste or ginisa flavor mix

DIRECTIONS:
Put oil on a saucepan and saute the garlic and onion, after that put your choice of "sahog" (beef, pork or shrimp), then put the squash and saute for a while then add the okra and the sitaw then again saute again for a while then add the water. Cook for a few minutes and then add the coconut milk and cook until the veggies are done then seasoned with salt and pepper to taste or some ready ginisa mix if you want. Then serve with steam rice.

1 comment:

Ilocana said...

Miss ko na yan Manang Lisa. Sarap talaga nyan. Hirap dito sa amin, can't find a good(I mean nakintal)squash..

 
Blogger Templates