Social Icons

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet Potato Bake

I know it's been a while since I updated this blog. Finally, I'm here now and making a new post. It doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything in my kitchen. In fact I've been cooking a lot lately than the previous months. Only, I was just too busy and lazy to make a post here.

The other day I cooked the sweet potatoes that I bought. Actually, I bought 6.5 lbs of sweet potatoes in the market. I gave some to my sis and they boiled it and ate it just like that. The rest I cooked and made sweet potato bake. It's the 2nd time that I made this recipe and my hubby always love it. He loves sweet you know. I gave some to my nephews too. Here's the recipe:

Sweet Potato Bake

INGREDIENTS

* 4 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk and butter)
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* TOPPING:
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans or rolled oats
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons cold butter

DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

 
Blogger Templates