Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Birthday Celebration

I celebrated my birthday last August 5th with my family, friends, relatives, neighbors and my Sunday School kids. I just had a simple celebration with just 5 menus and 2 roll cakes. I wanted to have more foods but it's hard to cook a lot and I only have my brother to help me. It's good my sister-in-law came home early from work at around 3: PM so she was able to help us. She helped prepare the veggies and she cooked chop suey. I cooked goulash and my brother cooked beef caldereta, chicken adobo, rice and fried chicken legs. My guests arrived at around 5:30 PM but we finished cooking at around 7:00 PM. We started eating at around past 7 and the first menu that was gone was the chop suey. We only had a few fried chicken legs so we did not really serve it openly. I forgot that one pack of uncooked chicken legs were still in the refrigerator. I didn't see it when we were cooking. My brother only cooked one pack of chicken legs. My 2 nephews love the fried chicken legs, they said it's like the chicken joy from Jollibee.

Cooking a lot makes me tired so maybe next time that there will be another occasion I will just ask my neighbor who is a caterer to cook foods for me. Anyways, my guests got full and some of them even took home foods for their housemates who were not able to come. I enjoyed my birthday and I thank God for another blessed year in my life. Hubby didn't give me any gift but his mere presence and love is enough for me. I can live without any gifts as long as I have my loved ones who love and care for me and my Jesus who is my rock, Healer, Lord and Savior of my life.





1 comment:

Cacai M. said...

Hello TE Lisa, belated happy birthday! Am sure you enjoyed it! Woohoo! Kalami sa handa.. yummm!

 
Blogger Templates