Social Icons

Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Goulash For Our Supper


I cooked goulash last night because it's been a while since I cooked this recipe. We've been eating mostly veggies, fish and rice and for a change I decided to have pasta for our supper last night. I gave some to my nephews and they were so happy because they love pasta. Here's the recipe of the goulash that I cooked. It's so easy to prepare. Hubby and I love it.

1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
1 lb ground beef sirloin
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 c. tomato soup or spaghetti sauce
1 c. shredded mozarella cheese
salt
pepper


Prepare the macaroni according to the package instructions.

Saute the sirloin and onion in a skillet until the meat is brown and the onions become translucent.

Drain the fat off. Add tomato soup or spaghetti sauce and the salt and pepper to the meat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 min.

In a large pot, combine the noodles, meat mixture, and shredded cheese. Allow this to simmer for about 20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. You may need to add up to a cup more of the tomato soup if it's too dry.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates