Social Icons

Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Homemade Meatloaf



One of my favorite recipes that I learned to cook in the US is meatloaf. It's easy to cook and I often cook it whenever I have my organic ground beef. My hubby loves homemade meatloaf. In fact he's the one who taught me how to cook it. I just modified it and added some ingredients and it tasted better.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tsp spicy brown mustard or Creole mustard
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 red or green bell pepper
1 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ketchup and bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

If desired, spread about 1/2 cup of ketchup over the top of the meatloaf 15 minutes before it's done.

2 comments:

Ilocana said...

hmm, I may have to try this recipe. I hope I get it right, :)

Kumusta manang Lisa? Sensya na medyo di na nakaka-visit, medyo busy,, busy sa fb, hahaha! Anyway, just keeping in touch to let you know you are not forgotten.. God bless. ^_^

Ruby said...

this looks delicious..wish to try it next time..musta na po?

 
Blogger Templates