Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chicken Empanada


I haven't been cooking lately because I let my brother do the cooking in the house. He's a very good cook and since we've been here, hubby and I had gained weight. We've been eating too much. I can't help it because it's hard to resist those delicious foods.

Anyways, I would like to post here again the recipe that both me and my hubby love, empanada. I used to cook it before when we were in Texas. I'm planning to cook this again one of these days.


Chicken Empanada


Ingredients:

Dough:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
ice water (enough to make a ball)

Filling:
1 chicken breast, boiled and himayin
2 medium potatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
canola oil
salt
pepper

Instructions:

Mix the ingredients for the dough. Knead it well using a rolling pin. If the dough is already okay and doesn't stick to your hands no more, cut it into pieces according to your desired size. For the filling, sautee the garlic, onion, chicken then add the rest of the ingredients. Put salt and pepper according to taste. If it's already cooked, let it cool first. Then form a ball of the dough that you cut into pieces and roll it with the rolling pin to flatten. Then put the filling about 1heaping tablespoon. Then wrap it. Use a fork to seal the edges. Beat 1 egg and just use the yolk. Apply it to the empanada using a brush before baking. Bake it for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

2 comments:

Cacai M. said...

kalami ani imong empanada Te Lis oi.. ako ky maau ra mn ko og kaon ani but kutihan ko magluto mn.. heheh.. yummy!

Lisa said...

Cacai thanks for leaving a comment here but I don't understand Bisaya at all. Ilocano kasi ako...

 
Blogger Templates