Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maja Blanca


We had lots of foods in our house last night because it was the wedding anniversary of my brother and his wife. We had pancit, bilo-bilo, banana pudding and maja blanca. They were all home-made and we really had a great time eating. All my siblings and their family were all present and we had a blast. My sister was the one who cooked the maja blanca. She learned the recipe from me. I taught her before I went to the US. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 c Cream Cornstarch
3/4 c corn (canned)
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 cup evap milk
2 coconuts (grated)
grated cheese

1. Place grated coconut in a cheese cloth. Squeeze to get 1 cup of kakang gata and set aside. Mix 2 cups of water water with the grated coconut and squeeze to get thin coconut milk. Set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine corn, cornstarch and sugar and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.

3. Grease pan or mold with cooking oil. Pour the mixture in and top with cheese. Let set until cool.




1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I like maja blanca! I like it with corn, cheese and peanuts hehehe

 
Blogger Templates