Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Veggies From My Garden


I am now harvesting vegetables from my garden like string beans, okra and collard greens. I cooked them the way we cooked in the Philippines. We call it dinengdeng. It's yummy to me. My hubby likes it too. I am not harvesting as much veggies as I did last year though. I think it's because of the summer heat. It's awfully hot nowadays. The temperature has hit the triple digit mark consecutively for the past 12 days. My tomatoes got no fruits yet. They have flowers but they turned brown and die because of the heat. This time last year, I already harvested a bunch of tomatoes. Maybe the reason is that we had a mild summer last year. It wasn't as hot as it is now. I'm still keeping my fingers cross that my tomatoes will give me fruits soon.

1 comment:

Reanaclaire said...

i hope whatever u plant will bloom out beautifully... i love planting vegetables too but alas, i dont hv a big garden to do so.. wait till i retire, perhaps i go into farming then..haha

 
Blogger Templates