Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Brown Sugar Banana Nut Bread



Hubby and I love eating banana nut bread. I had been baking it and I already tried different kinds of banana nut bread recipes. However, I love this recipe because i's just simple and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. Hubby bought some bananas a few days ago and they are already very ripe now. He's been eating some of it but he doesn't want to eat them now that they are very ripe. He said it's too soft for him. So it's best to make a banana nut bread. I just baked this a while ago and it's hot from the oven. Try this one and it's really good.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 very riped bananas, mashed
3 tsp bakig powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pan
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Stir in the eggs 1 at a time beating well with each addition. Stir in vanilla and banana. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder & salt.
3. Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture, stir just to combine. Fold in walnuts/pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 hr.

1 comment:

Mommy Liz said...

I love banana nut bread, though my husband is not fond of it..
You've been in the kitchen a lot..Who eat all the stuff that you're making..I wished you're my neighbor, I can live with a slice (or a piece of everything that you make) per day.
Take care..

 
Blogger Templates