Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Crumbly Dutch Apple Pie

My friend Toni had taught me how to bake Dutch apple pie. We had a cooking session in her house. My hubby took me to her house which is about 12 minutes drive from our house at around 2:00 PM. Then he just came back to pick me up after we're done cooking. I showed Toni how to cook our native cake "puto". When I was done, it was her turn to show me how to cook apple pie. She made a crumbly Dutch apple pie. My husband love apple pie and I took it home and just baked it in our oven because hubby came to pick me up before we had time to bake it. Here's a photo I took before it was baked. Sorry, I forgot to take a photo after I baked it but the pie really turned out good.



INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
* FILLING:
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 3 cups peeled, diced tart apples
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS

1. Combine the first four ingredients; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
2. For the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla. Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Li, this is my favorite, the crumble topping. I prefer it over the regular crust. :) I make this a lot because my 3yr old son likes apple pie so much he keeps on asking for it.

Definitely Maybe!
Not Just Another Blog...

 
Blogger Templates