Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pineapple Pecan Cake



I have a lot of pecans from our pecan trees in our backyard and so I searched for a recipe where I can use it. I've found this great recipe of pineapple pecan cake. I baked this cake and it came out so good. This cake comes out extremely moist and yummy and is a snap to whip up. It is especially good when topped with cream cheese frosting. It so happened that we invited our friend James to dine with us that time and I served the cake for our dessert. He really like it and also does my hubby. This cake is one of my favorites.

PINEAPPLE PECAN CAKE

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 eggs
* 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* FROSTING:
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar and baking soda. Stir in the eggs, pineapple and vanilla, mixing until blended. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cake.

2 comments:

gone said...

This looks really yummy...I love cakes...I hope I can bake too...but don't have an oven....lol....have a nice day...keep up the yummy blog...

Anonymous said...

Looks not difficult to make, unfortunately I don't have pecan tree at my house! Maybe you can deliver some to us? :P

 
Blogger Templates