Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Eggplant with Eggs and Tomatoes

My late mom used to prepare this recipe for us during my younger days. It's another method in cooking eggplant aside from frying it with eggs. I love this food and whenever I eat this, it reminds me of my mother. During my high school days my mom used to packed this together with fried fish for my lunch that I take to school. Those good old days, sigh! I miss my mom.

Here's the recipe from my mom.

Ingredients:
4 eggplants
3 eggs
fish sauce
1 onion (sliced)
4 cloves garlic(crushed)
3 tomatoes sliced)
salt

Procedure:
1. Grill the eggplants until it's cooked. Removed the skin then sliced and mash the eggplants.
2. Beat the eggs and put a little salt.
3. In a skillet, put cooking oil and saute the garlic and onions. Add the tomatoes and fish sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mashed eggplants and cook for a few minutes. Add more fish sauce if needed. Add the eggs and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from fire and serve with rice and fried fish.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates