Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sinigang na Ulo Ng Tanguigue

I love eating sinigang but I was not good in cooking it. I remember my grandmother used to cook sinigang when were kids and I just love the way she cooked it. At that time, I didn't bother to ask her or observe her while she was cooking. All I was interested that time was to eat what she cooked. My grandma had already passed away many years ago and I didn't get her sinigang recipe so I can't cook sinigang the way she cooked it before. Her sinigang was not that sour unlike those in the restaurant that all you can taste is the sour tamarind powder that they added. It really turned me off. Until 2 years ago, my sister taught me how to cook sinigang the way our grandma used to cook. I was so glad to learn it and now I can cook good sinigang as my grandma did. I love to buy the head of the tanguigue fish because the soup really taste good and it's really perfect for sinigang.

Ingredients :

1 kilo fish head of tanguigue, split open and gills removed
1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
2-3 tomatoes, diced
5 pcs of medium size kamias
a bunch of camote tops or chayote tops or kangkong tops
1 small piece of ginger, crushed
salt or patis

Cooking procedure:

Put the sliced fish head in the pot over low fire with salt or patis, sliced onion and crushed ginger. Simmer it for about 5 to 7 minutes stirring once in a while. Add 5 cups of water and bring to a boil then season with salt or patis. Add the tomatoes or camias and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the camote tops or chayote or kangkong tops. Simmer for 3 minutes. Serve at once.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates