Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

White Beans With Malunggay

Hubby and I love beans like pinto, mung beans, navy beans, white and black beans. He said he grew up with beans and potatoes and I grew up with beans and rice, lol! What a pair! Both of us are not so picky with foods as long as it's not spaghetti for him and not pork for me. I used to like pork but I gave up eating it six years ago due to health issues. I prefer healthy foods for me and hubby.

I cooked this white beans with malunggay a few days ago. I always love to add veggies with my beans. If malunggay is not available then I add ampalaya (bitter gourd) and since I don't eat pork, I added ground beef instead.

Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pack white beans (soaked overnight)
1/2 lbs ground beef
2 medium onions (sliced)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
ginger (crushed and sliced)
fish sauce
salt
1 bunch of malunggay
water

Directions:

1. In a frying pan, put oil and saute the garlic and onions. Add the ground beef, fish sauce and cook until brown. Remove from fire.

2. Put the beans in a pressure cooker with water and salt. Add the beef, ginger and cook for 40 minutes. If you don't have a pressure cooker, use regular pot but cook it longer around 1 and 1/2 hours or until soft.

3. Add the malunggay and add more water if needed. Add fish sauce depending on your taste. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with rice.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates