Social Icons

Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Pecan Pie

I had posted this recipe in my other blog but since this blog is more appropriate for this topic so I want to repost it here.

We still have a lot of pecans and I shelled a bunch of it. My hubby had baked a pecan pie last New Year's Day so it's been a while since we had it. Tonight after we ate supper, I decided to bake a pecan pie. But we didn't have enough eggs in the refrigerator so I asked my hubby to go and buy some eggs. Though it's cold outside, he went to the store and bought 1 dozen eggs so I was able to bake a pecan pie. My hubby and I like it. It was still warm but hubby can't wait any longer so he took a big slice. The pie was still soft and fell apart easily. It's better to eat it when it's already cooled down and settled. I wanna share the recipe here.

Classic Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
1 cup Karo Corn Syrup
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup pecans
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust

STIR first 5 ingredients together, then mix in pecans.
POUR into pie crust.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates